In Association with
Musicians | Biography | Discography | Links
UNITED KINGDOM, Devon, Torquay

Date Formed 1969

Categories: Blues Rock, Melodic Rock


Current Members

Past Members


1969 to 1971

With guitarists Andy Powell and Ted Turner WISHBONE ASH pioneered the twin guitar harmony format later employed so successfully by later established names. Bands such as JUDAS PRIEST have cited WISHBONE ASH as prime influences. The band formed in the latter half of 1969 when Martin Turner, Steve Upton and Glen Turner created a rock trio. The Turner brothers had previously been involved the 1963 act THE TORINOES, an act that evolved into THE EMPTY VESSELS with drummer Adrian Smith by 1966. In July of the same year drummer Steve Upton, formerly with THE SCIMITARS and THE DEVARKS was enrolled. In 1969 THE EMPTY VESSELS adopted a new guize of TANGLEWOOD and supported acts such as LED ZEPPELIN, THE WHO and FLEETWOOD MAC.

The Turner brothers with Upton opted to relocate to London in order to crack the big time but Glen Turner quit almost immediately (turning up much later in LAUGHING SAM'S DICE) which left Turner and Upton to soldier on. TANGLEWOOD's final gig with Glen resulted in the band being taken under the protective wing of manager Miles Copeland. A Melody Maker advert for guitarist and keyboard player produced ex KING BISCUIT guitarist David 'Ted' Turner and former DECOYS / SUGARBAND man Andy Powell.

Ted Turner had previously auditioned for COLOSSEUM and was initially rejected by the formative WISHBONE ASH as well but was invited back for a second audition. Impressed by the then unique sound of twin harmony lead guitars the band called a halt to their search for a keyboard player. At this stage the fledgling act still needed a name. Copeland suggested WORLD WAR THREE and even JESUS DUCK but the band flung WISHBONE ASH into the hat at the last minute.

The debut WISHBONE ASH gig was as support to AYNSLEY DUNBAR'S RETALIATION at Dunstable Civic Hall in November 1969. The band received the princely sum of £5 for their efforts. As a new decade dawned WISHBONE ASH took to the road opening for THE WHO, FLEETWOOD MAC, SLADE, HEAVY JELLY, T-REX, TEN YEARS AFTER, CARAVAN and SMILE. Radio One DJ John Peel also got heavily into promoting the band and the group also recorded their first session for Radio One for the Bob Harris show. Later larger gigs found the band guesting for FREE, EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER and MOTT THE HOOPLE.

In early 1971 WISHBONE ASH cut their first demos with engineers Phil Dunne and Eddie Offord. The band actually laid down a whole albums worth of material. The group then secured the valuable guest slot to DEEP PURPLE. It was to prove a turning point as an impromptu pre gig jam between DEEP PURPLE's legendary RITCHIE BLACKMORE and Powell left the man in black so impressed he recommended the band to producer Derek Lawrence. This contact quickly led to a five album deal deal with MCA Records.

Debut album 'Wishbone Ash', produced by Derek Lawrence and engineered by Martin Birch on eight track, proved a solid start and contained the stage classic 'Phoenix'. Included as guest was PROCUL HARUM's Matthew Fisher on piano. The record's release was preceded by a further Radio One session.

Live dates to promote the album saw Powell utilizing his soon to be trademark Gibson Flying V guitar, at that time one of only two in the country. 1971 heralded the first tour of America for WISHBONE ASH opening for Canadians THE GUESS WHO. Showcase gigs at the Los Angeles Whiskey A Go Go club prior to nationwide gigging as guests for SEATRAIN, POCO and JAMES GANG. In April the band returned home for a headline gig at London's Lyceum Ballroom supported by CLIMAX BLUES BAND, WOODEN HORSE and THIN LIZZY.

'Pilgrimige', once again in the capable hands of Lawrence and Birch,was recorded as a follow up. During the album sessions Turner was invited to contribute guitar to JOHN LENNON's 'Imagine' album.

In June WISHBONE ASH undertook their first nationwide headline tour of Britain with guests RENAISSANCE and STACKRIDGE. The tour was completely sold out and the band also put in their inaugeral showing at the prestigious Reading festival.

WISHBONE ASH were back to America in the summer opening for THE WHO, GRAND FUNK RAILROAD and BLACK SABBATH. The group played the Seattle Setsop River festival in August to an audience of 70'000. Back in Britain the group scooped the 'Best New Band' awards in both Melody Maker and Sounds magazines. Upon its release in September 'Pilgrimage', which featured a live track 'Where Were You Tomorrow', reached number 14 in the British charts.

WISHBONE ASH put in their first appearance on the television show 'The Old Grey Whistle Test' in September upfront of another British headlining jaunt rounded off by dates in London supporting MOUNTAIN.

1972 to 1973

Next came the highly successful 'Argus', again with Lawrence and Birch at the helm although this time recorded in sixteen track, it was to become WISHBONE ASH's most renowned album. For this album the group's guitar harmonies, folk influences and sense of the melodramatic, as witnessed on tracks such as 'Warrior', were at a heady peak. 'Argus' was voted 'Album Of The Year' in Sounds and Melody Maker staving off heavy competition from both heavyweights DEEP PURPLE and JETHRO TULL.

Before the album release the band performed another sold out headline tour of Britain before the act's first shows in Germany. The band toured America once again but dates were curtailed with three weeks to go when all the band's equipment was stolen. Returning to Britain Martin Turner was struck down with appendicitis . Upon his recovery the band were back in the studio to record the exclusive track 'No Easy Road' for single release. July found the band back in America guesting for ALICE COOPER and EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER. These shows resulted in the radio promotional album 'Live From Memphis', a highly sought after collectors item. September had WISHBONE ASH back in England and an appearance at the Buxton festival alongside WIZZARD, CURVED AIR and URIAH HEEP. A further show at the Melody Maker poll winners concert had the band sharing a stage with GENESIS, FOCUS and ARGENT.

October had the industrious outfit back on the road in America before a return home for yet another sold out headline tour.

'Wishbone Four', produced by the band and featuring much simpler songs, also sold well but for the first time engendered negative criticism from both fans and critics expecting a repeat of 'Argus'. Nevertheless the album went silver in Britain and reached number 10 on the album charts. WISHBONE ASH were back for their sixth American tour in March of 1973 with guests VINEGAR JOE and CLIMAX BLUES BAND. Festival appeances at the London Alexandria Palace broke the momentum upfront of further American shows in September. A British mini-tour followed supported by HOME then back to America again for yet more shows with openers CLIMAX BLUES BAND.

The release of 'Live Dates' in December 1973 had WISHBONE ASH selling over 100'000 copies of the record in America during it's first week of sale. 'Live Dates' would eventually become the band's biggest selling album ever. The year was capped with European gigs and then a special Christmas show at the Alexandria palace supported by VINEGAR JOE, AL STEWART and RENAISSANCE. After the show WISHBONE ASH were presented with awards for one million copies sold of 'Argus' and half a million of 'Wishbone Four'.

1974 to 1976

As 1974 drew in WISHBONE ASH's drive was undented as another excursion into America preceded a recording for BBC Radio's 'In Concert' series. However, as recordings for a new album got underway Ted Turner upped and left to pursue esoteric knowledge in South America. The guitarist, in search of the fabled city of Mu, actually went missing without trace for a lengthy spell.

Ex HOME and AL STEWART guitarist Laurie Wisefield was drafted in as WISHBONE ASH journeyed to Miami to record their next record. The Bill Szymczyk produced 'There's The Rub' which included the mainstay 'F.U.B.B.- 'Fucked Up Beyond Belief'. During these sessions talks were arranged for erstwhile JAMES GANG singer JOE WALSH to join WISHBONE ASH but these moves were rejected by the band.

The band's world tour to plug 'There's The Rub' kicked off with British shows in October leading on to gigs in Europe, America, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Japan. The New Zealand experience was marred by Upton being jailed for swearing onstage as he introduced 'F.U.B.B.'. The resulting controversy and headlines propelled the album to number 3 in the charts.

Another promotional rarity came out of the Australian shows with the album 'Australian Tour Sampler' being limited to just 100 copies.

In April 1975 WISHBONE ASH relocated to Connecticut to concentrate on that potentially lucrative market and avoid Britain's 85% taxation. A joint headline sharing tour with AEROSMITH opened up their campaign. WISHBONE ASH were approached by AEROSMITH's management of Leber/Krebs but declined the offer. A mammoth festival package of Europe dubbed 'Startruckin' took up the summer with WISHBONE ASH headlining over CARAVAN, RENAISSANCE, MAHAVISHNU ORCHESTRA and SOFT MACHINE. After these dates the band seperated from Miles Copeland's management company and a new contract in America was signed with Atlantic Records.

Unfortunately the weak 'Locked In' produced by Tom Dowd followed. The album had WISHBONE ASH veering off into smoother radio friendly territory backed with keyboards from Peter Wood of the SUTHERLAND BROTHERS and female backing vocals.

Media reaction to 'Locked In' was vicious and following a short batch of American dates with the addition of ex GLENCOE man Graham Maitland onboard the band ceased promoting the record.

The band rallied with Ronnie and Howie Albert produced 'New England'. After recording the band travelled to Japan for the second time only to discover that 'Locked In' was a hit record there and a single 'Moonshine' had charted in the top ten.

'New England' was issued in October in time for another sell out British tour. Some of these shows were aired on American radio on the 'King Biscuit Flower Hour' series and on a BBC Radio One 'Live In Concert'. The tour drove on through Europe taking in Yugoslavia for the first time.

1977 to 1980

'Front Page News', again produced by Ronnie and Howie Albert, kept up the renewed pace for WISHBONE ASH. During the recording sessions the band took time out to headline the Dutch 'Pinkpop' festival to 30'000 fans. Upon the release of the album WISHBONE ASH put in another sold out headline trek in Britain at the height of the Punk Rock explosion. With Punk now dominating the music press MCA Records proudly took out a full page advert giving the tour dates all emblazoned with 'Sold out' on them and the headline "Why did 40'000 people pay good money to see four boring old farts?"

1977 was rounded off with the obligatory American tour although it was to be their last as American residents. In 1978 WISHBONE ASH returned home ending their self enforced exile.

The Derek Lawrence produced 'No Smoke Without Fire' found Wisefield taking more of a lead in songwriting duties. The band got back into gear on the live front with a German festival in Stuttgart during September on a bill with STATUS QUO and URIAH HEEP. Upon it's release in October 'initial copies of 'No Smoke Without Fire' came with a free 7" single of live tracks 'Lorelei' and 'Come In From The Rain'. Yet again the band sold out a British tour and put in a third tour of Japan. From these shows was culled the Japanese release 'Live In Tokyo'.

With the eve of 1979 WISHBONE ASH were once again in the studio but intent on a completely left field project. The act anonymously released a three track single credited to TERRY TONIK of which only 2'000 were pressed. TERRY TONIK singles are now worth in the region of £100 each.

The band officially entered the studio again in March to commit 'Just Testing' to tape. The album took over six months to record and so to keep fans happy a single of exclusive tracks comprising of a cover of CHUCK BERRY's 'Come On' and a group composition 'Fast Johnny'.

As WISHBONE ASH were plainly struggling to finish the album manager John Sherry brought in Claire Hammill to sing lead vocal and generally give inspiration. The band debuted new material with a television broadcast from the UNICEF benefit concert at Wembley in November. It was the band's only live performance that year.

1980 kicked off with 'Just Testing's release in January and a 33 date tour of Britain and Ireland then five weeks in Europe. The band were back for further British gigs in May. During the summer WISHBONE ASH headlined the Loch Lomond festival above GILLAN, LINDISFARNE, WILD HORSES and SAXON. After spending time sifting through live tapes for the forthcoming second live album the band were back on European soil with festivals in Spain, Germany and France. The latter show with UFO, ELECTRIC SUN and MAGNA CARTA would be the last of the present line up.

The band then underwent a serious divide as to future plans with all but Martin Turner wishing to recruit a lead singer. Martin Turner departed to involve himself in production. He would also unite on a short lived musical endeavour with ex WISHBONE ASH man Ted Turner, CHELSEA's Gene October, Jools Holland of SQUEEZE and POLICE drummer Stewart Copeland. With their key member gone WISHBONE ASH ploughed through many short term replacements.

Meantime WISHBONE ASH replaced Turner with the high profile JOHN WETTON, a veteran of ROXY MUSIC, MOGUL TRASH, KING CRIMSON, FAMILY and URIAH HEEP. As Wetton was formally inducted into the ranks during October 'Live Dates II' was issued as was Wetton's own solo venture 'Caught In The Crossfire'. In America 'Live Dates II' did not see a release but a variant titled 'Hot Ash' made the racks which included tracks from the album and unreleased material.

In November the new look band were in Miami recording the new album with producer Nigel Gray and Claire Hammill returning on backing vocals. Strangely, even with such a recognizable voice as Wetton's at their command WISHBONE ASH played down his role with Wisefield and Powell still taking lead vocal duties. Even stranger was that the band turned down numerous songs Wetton offered.

Wetton opted out of WISHBONE ASH shortly after and did not perform with the band. Many of the rejected songs he had offered for 'Number The Brave' would surface on the debut album for his next band ASIA. It would sell nine million copies.

1981 to 1983

'Number The Brave' failed to give the band the re-birth its fans were looking for and it only managed to scrape to number 61 in the British charts. Many felt Martin Turner's influence was sorely missing and that Wetton had not been given any opportunity to make his mark. MCA Records dropped the band.

Erstwhile URIAH HEEP and SPIDERS FROM MARS bassist Trevor Bolder entered the fold for a British tour in May which rather adventurously saw Claire Hammill coming in as a bona fide frontwoman.

The 'Twin Barrels Burning'album, probably the band's heaviest record of all, received favourable reviews and a subsequent single release of 'Get Ready' was remixed to add in Hammill's vocals. However, just after opening shows in New York as a precursor to a string of American dates Hammill quit the band and WISHBONE ASH were back to a quartet. Back in Blighty WISHBONE ASH headlined the annual Reading Festival.

German dates were cancelled when Bolder fell ill but the band's next tour would take them into the uncharted realms of India with gigs in Bombay and Madras.

May of 1982 had the band road testing new songs on a short British tour. The new album was recorded at JIMMY PAGE's Sol Studios and produced by Ashley Howe and Stuart Epps.

Martin Turner created WOLF GANG in 1982 with guitarist Stewart McKenzie, keyboard player Eryl Price-Davies and drummer Ray Weston. WOLF GANG later recruited Tim Broughton on drums.

Ted Turner meantime was touring with BADFINGER and assembling his own acts CHOICE and WORLD MAN BAND. By the following year had put together a band to tour America billed as WISHBONE ASH. Hasty legal action brought that venture to a swift close.

Bolder jumped ship back to a rejuvenated URIAH HEEP on the eve of a planned six week tour of America.

Joining the band for these dates was vocalist / bassist Mervyn Spence previously with NW0BHMers JURY and BIG DAISY and with a tenure with TRAPEZE under his belt. Known as 'Spam' Spence would later move up to assume the role of frontman. The 'Twin Barrels Burning' album saw a belated American release on the Fantasy label with new sleeve artwork and a complete remix.

Wisefield would session on CLAIRE HAMMILL's 'Touchpaper' album prior to recording of the next WISHBONE ASH record 'Raw To The Bone, produced by Nigel Gray.

1984 to 1986

1984 began with recording for 'Raw To The Bone' with recording put on hold for a short spree of dates in Eastern Europe and France. The finished album included a version of LITTLE FEAT's 'Rocket In My Pocket'. For the first time WISHBONE ASH found themselves lacking a record contract and the album saw a release in Germany first through the Metronome label. The album finally saw a British release in May 1985 on Newcastle upon Tyne's Neat label. In keeping with their downscaling WISHBONE ASH toured the British clubs.

A European tour fared better though and included an appearance on September 14th at the 'Metal Hammer Fest' in Loreley, Germany sharing a diverse billing with NAZARETH, VENOM, HEAVY PETTIN, METALLICA, SAVAGE GRACE, RUNNING WILD, TYRAN PACE, PRETTY MAIDS and WARLOCK. Jamie Crompton, of SUZI QUATRO's band, stood in for an absent Wisefield at shows in Switzerland. The band's third tour of India finished off the year and Wisefield's term in the band.

Post WISHBONE ASH Wisefield would unsuccessfully audition for DURAN DURAN but would land jobs as live guitarist for TINA TURNER and JOE COCKER. The guitarist also worked with the Luxembourg based AOR singer JIMMY MARTIN. Wisefield was later to form LITTLE DEVILS in 1996.

WISHBONE ASH soldiered on drafting former stand in guitarist Jamie Crompton. The band broke in their new recruit with a tour of Germany to open 1986 before Spence decided he was next out the door.

The singer rehearsed with drummer Carl Palmer and former RAINBOW keyboard player DON AIREY but this project never got beyond the studio. After lending vocals to MIKE OLDFIELD's 'Islands' album Spence was linked to both YES and BLACK SABBATH as possible frontman. Spence would make a showing on the third PHENOMENA album and record the SILENT WITNESS album in collusion with Dieter Petereit. He would go on to form Parachute Records and issue two solo albums under the name of O'RYAN. Latterly Spence would forge the Swiss based AOR act FACE FACE with erstwhile SERGEANT drummer Pete Jefferson and the former CENTURY pairing of guitarist George Miller and bassist D.D. Matters issuing the 1994 album 'Childhood Dreams'. Retaining his links with Miller and Matters the singer would front another Swiss outfit PURPLE CROSS for an October 2000 record 'Eyes Of The Mirror'.

Meantime WISHBONE ASH enlisted Andy Pyle on bass, a veteran of BLODWYN PIG, SAVOY BROWN, JUICY LUCY, ALVIN LEE, CHICKENSHACK and GARY MOORE. This line up took off for another American tour. Following these shows Phil Palmer of ERIC CLAPTON's band took Crompton's place for dates in Britain and Europe. Crompton returned in December.

1987 to 1991

Upon returning from a European set of dates in February 1987 WISHBONE ASH were approached by former manager Miles Copeland with an offer to reform the classic line up for a purely instrumental album.

As such Ted Turner, Andy Powell, Steve Upton and Martin Turner regrouped. Whilst the logistics of this enterprise was being planned the band, with Crompton and Pyle, toured America during the interim for a three month run.

With the original line up back in place the first fruits of this liaison was the radical instrumental album 'Nouveau Calls' ("no vocals") co-produced by William Orbit and Martin Turner. Tracks included material restructured from Martin Turner's WOLF GANG act. During recording WISHBONE ASH played Sun City in South Africa sharing a billing with NAZARETH. Their performance in the apartheid ruled state resulted in the band being blacklisted from playing in cerain territories for a lengthy period. The band eventually apologised.

The band, with Crompton and Pyle, took on further live shows that year including German festivals and shows in Russia and Lithuania. 'Nouveau Calls' was released in December to favourable reviews and with the original line up back together Crompton and Pyle disembarked. The bass player would enter the ranks of BLODWYN PIG again before performing on GARY MOORE's 'Still Got The Blues' record.

Crompton started the band's 1988 British tour allowing Turner time to learn new material. Minus Crompton the band supported RUSH in Germany and put in headline shows. Powell and Ted Turner spent November on the road in Britain as part of Miles Copeland's 'Night Of The Guitar' dates. Also involved were RANDY CALIFORNIA of SPIRIT, ALVIN LEE of TEN YEARS AFTER, MOUNTAIN's LESLIE WEST and STEVE HOWE of YES and ASIA. The shows resulted in a live album produced by Martin Turner.

Powell and Ted Turner accompanied the 'Night Of The Guitar' tour into Europe in May of 1989 where the collective was joined by Jan Akkermann of FOCUS.

'Here To Hear', released in June 1989, had the band once more included vocals. WISHBONE ASH took in their first ever South American gigs in Brazil prior to American touring sharing stages with SPIRIT and LESLIE WEST. The tour ended with two shows supporting THE ALLMAN BROTHERS in New Orleans.

November saw WISHBONE ASH headlining in Europe. Live shows spilled over into 1991 as the band put in gigs in Britain and East Germany and at the Isle Of Man TT races.

Upton left the band suddenly in 1991 and retired from the business. He was briefly replaced by ex UFO and DIAMOND HEAD drummer Robbie France for a British tour prior to Ray Weston filling the vacancy on a permanent basis. France later had a stint with Pop Rockers SKUNK ANANSIE.

Weston had previously been a member of guitarist Jamie Crompton's pre WISHBONE ASH band THE BLUE MEANIES. Both France and Weston contribute to the 1991 album 'Strange Affair'. For the album the group had experimented with a brass section on four songs but fortunately for their fans Miles Copeland insisted these contributions be wiped from the final mix.

For a touring line up WISHBONE ASH by now comprised of Powell, Turner, Pyle and Weston. An extensive European tour came shortly after being let go by IRS Records. A London gig at Walthamstow assembly hall witnessed a guest appearance from Laurie Wisefield before the band set off an a tour of Japan. A concert was recorded for a future live album.

The year also saw the re-release of of their MCA catalogue and the issue of a 1972 concert. Further line up ructions hit the band though as Martin Turner was fired. Andy Pyle resuming his former position for a series of German dates alongside MAN and TEN YEARS AFTER.

1992 to 1997

In 1992 WISHBONE ASH were back on their familiar stamping ground touring America. The group, augmented by keyboard player Dan Gillogly, recorded their Glenview, Illinois concert for release as 'Ash Live In Chicago'. More British shows followed which included some with Brad Lang on bass. Pyle had previous commitments to GARY MOORE.

Powell, Turner and Lang also cut a session for Greater London Radio augmenting their sound with former FASHION frontman Alan Darby. By July the band was back out on tour in America still using Brad Lang's services. Back in Britain Alan Darby would join the band once more onstage. Swedish shows before doing the rounds in Britain once more closed the year.

1993 found WISHBONE ASH on yet another run of American shows with Powell's friend Roger Filgate acting as guitar roadie. Filgate was by this stage already writing songs with the band and this relationship would be cemented further. In down time Powell was operating with Blues act THE SURE THING.

In November of 1993 WISHBONE ASH formed part of a concert package dubbed 'Total Recall' for a string of shows in Canada and America. Other artists on the bill were BLUE OYSTER CULT, NAZARETH and URIAH HEEP. December found this package, retitled 'Golden Age Of Rock n' Roll' in Germany with MOLLY HATCHET supplanting NAZARETH and GIRLSCHOOL added as openers.

Ted Turner handed in his notice in March of 1994. Powell, the only surviving founder member, used the period of flux to contribute to BLUE LAW's debut album.

Roger Filgate was invited to join the band for the 'Illuminations' album. Another American musician bassist Tony Kishman was also augmented into the foldwith Rob Hazard on drums. Filgate moved over to bass and Mark Templeton and keyboard player Mike Mindel brought the band back up to strength. Pyle would revert back to working with GARY MOORE then the MOODY MARSDEN BAND.

Upon the eve of live dates former ASIA and PSYCHO MOTEL drummer Mike Sturgis was enlisted. Further touring in the UK throughout November 1995 saw Martin Turner's return stepping into the breach to deputy for Kishman who was ill.

Martin Turner issued a solo album in 1996 titled 'Walking The Reeperbahn'.

1998 to 2007

WISHBONE ASH issued their 1998 conceptual studio opus 'Trance Visionary' initially on the Invisible Hands label. However, it would soon see a re-issue courtesy of the Resurgence concern, this second edition boasting a bonus CD of extra material. The second of the group's 1998 albums 'Psychic Terrorism', continuing the concept themes portrayed on its predecessor, would ignite fans interet as soon as it was learned it was being issued in a limited edition of a mere 1000. However, demand was such that the album re-emerged the following year as a standard release complete with different artwork and a glut of extra remixed tracks and videos. The same year a further new studio album 'Bare Bones' arrived.

WISHBONE ASH would tour throughout December 2000 after which Mark Birch made his exit. With European dates already booked commencing January 2001 the band enrolled BEN GRANFELT of Finnish acts GRINGOS LOCOS and LENINGRAD COWBOYS.

The subsequent tour witnessed live dates in Germany, Holland and Scandinavia. Returning to the UK WISHBONE ASH put in a performance at the Derby 'Rock & Blues' festival in May alongside co headliner ULI JON ROTH. August would see a one off festival convention gig in Tampa, Florida and showings at the Lichfield festival and a further festival in Switzerland

Skeat would feature on a 2001 UFO tribute album entitled 'Only UFO Can Rock Me'.

A new WISHBONE ASH album provisionally entitled 'Bona Fide', produced by Bill Baxendale, was set for a 2002 release on the new Talking Elephant label. The band at this juncture comprised of Powell, Granfelt, Skeat and Weston. Skeat would also emerge as part of a new band project BURNS BLUE, led by ex-TEN, ASIA and DARE guitarist VINNY BURNS.

October 2004 saw Granfelt exit to prioritise his own BEN GRANFELT BAND and marked the introduction of guitarist Muddy Manninen, a Finnish veteran of acts such as GRINGOS LOCOS, PAVE'S MISTAKE and HAVANA BLACK. WISHBONE ASH undertook an extensive UK tour throughout October 2006 prior to US shows in November. Further UK shows in the spring of 2007 witnessed support from former URIAH HEEP singer JOHN SLOMAN.

Copyright Musicdetector Websites 2009